Jonas Rönnberg's Nordic Flora Series is now in its third stage. He's given us a listen to some of its tracks
Varg aka Jonas Rönnberg has recently embarked on a new series of releases he's called the Nordic Flora Series. Released jointly by his and Abdulla Rashim's label Northern Electronics, and Copenhagen’s Posh Isolation, the series is marketed as a 'constellation' and is projected to run for at least a couple of years. As Rönnberg confirms over email: “Basically the Nordic Flora Series is one work cut up and served in pieces.”
Pt 1 and Pt 2 were released at the end of last year, with the three tracks previewed here taken from forthcoming edition, Nordic Flora Series Pt 3: Gore-Tex City.
“If we talk about if from a point of production, this record features a lot of collaborations from friends of mine and I made a lot of the sounds on iOS devices,” explains Rönnberg. “This album is dedicated to Onda, RIP.”
Nordic Flora Series Pt 1: Heroine and Nordic Flora Series Pt 2: En Ros Röd Som Blod were featured in a review by Louis Pattison in The Wire 396. Subscribers can read that via Exact Editions. Nordic Flora Series Pt 3: Gore-Tex City is due for release on 27 March via Posh Isolation and Northern Electronics.
Full track listing:
1. “Champagne Ceremonies”
2. “Yamanote Line (原宿)”
3. “Platforms Surrounded By Fences (EU)"
4. “Forever 21/Valium” with Chloe Wise
5. “Red Line (114 Östermalmstorg - 127 Vårberg)” with Matti Bye, Christian Augustin & Henrik Söderström
6. “I Hope You are Still There (新宿御苑)”
7. “Blue Line (112 Rådhuset)” with AnnaMelina
8. “Fonus” with Drew McDowall & Alessandro Cortini
9. “Snake City/Maserati Music”
10. “Red Line II (127 Sätra C) 4" with Yung Lean
11. “Euros & Euros & Euros (EBG)” with F Valentin & Chloe Wise
12. “Gore-Tex シティ”
13. “Stockholm City (Drottninggatan, Sergels Torg)